Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pazienza


They say that patience is a virtue. They say that you can get more honey instead of vinegar… but what does one do when there’s nothing else to do?
If you know anything about me, you know that I get irritated very, very easily. I don’t know why I do, but I know it’s something I need to work on. (With the Lord’s help of course)  Lately, however, things have been getting on my nerves left and right. Given, some things are annoying and would get on pretty much anybody’s nerves, but some of it is uncalled for. I often find myself snapping on people that don’t deserve it, and then apologizing for it later. It’s absurd really.

Sometimes I wonder how I even have a relationship. I think that I treat him so unfairly sometimes, but he’s always willing and quick to forgive. He’s such a good Christian man, and I am very lucky to have him in my life. I’m afraid that all of my impatience is going to push him away. He says it won’t and that he loves me, (which I know he does) but how much can one person put up with?

Baby, if you’re reading this, I want you to know that I am sorry. I really intend on trying harder to make this better.  Thank you for forgiving me and loving me despite all of the ridiculousness that you sometimes have to put up with. You really are amazing.

To everyone else reading this, thanks for your support. I know I’m not the only one that struggles with impatience…and if you do, or have…. what are some ways that you’ve calmed yourself down in the midst of all of the heat?

No comments:

Post a Comment